Operationalizing data and analyzing data are not the same thing. Some healthcare organizations have made the painful and expensive mistake of focusing their innovation programs and growth investments on the “shiny ball” of analytics – the end stage of the data journey – instead of first improving the agility, speed and quality of the initial “operational” stages of the data journey: combining, enriching, indexing, searching, harmonizing, and alerting data. When it comes to operationalizing data and using information to help run the business, healthcare organizations must not fail to address numerous data silos, point-to-point integrations and other significant data-related challenges exacerbated by the lack of enterprise features such as security, transactional support, performance, and governance.
An Executive Leadership Forum Event
On Monday, 5/8/17 at 3:00 to 5:30 pm EDT, healthcare business and technology executives will meet at the GuideWell Innovation Center (Orlando, FL) to hear from healthcare business and technology leaders who’ve used “Next Gen” data concepts, strategy and technology platforms to fuel their industry innovation programs and digital transformation. This special healthcare executive leadership forum event is hosted by the Healthcare Executive Group (HCEG) and supported by HCEG’s sponsor MarkLogic and Intel. The event is open to all HCEG members and healthcare leaders, is free of charge and will be followed by a networking happy hour reception. Attendees of the 2017 Blue Cross Blue Shield National Summit may find this forum to be a great way to leverage their attendance at the Blues Summit.
Who Should Attend?
Any healthcare executive with mission critical projects that require improved data agility and faster time to delivery should consider attending this unique leadership event:
- Business Executives (operations, administrative, clinical) responsible for business “digital” modernization & improving experience / satisfaction initiatives.
- Technology Executives (integration, architecture, infrastructure, development, security) charged with implementing and supporting operational and analytical data integration platforms to achieve business goals.
What Business Executives Will Take Away
- More insight into the competitive advantage and cost-savings a 360-degree view of Anything – member/patient, provider, etc. – can bring to a healthcare organization.
- How creating profiles / preferences enhance engagement and experience while improving Net Promoter Scores (NPS).
- Understanding of the business advantages and opportunities associated with ‘Next Gen’ data architecture and technology.
- An understanding of use cases that increase business agility and improve time to market.
- How continuous security, governance and sharing of data that’s usable and actionable is key to enabling growth and innovation.
What Technology Executives Will Take Away
- An understanding of modern, multi-model “platform” approaches for integrating disparate data silos into a single operational and analytical infrastructure (secure, ACID compliant, etc.).
- Awareness of the landscape of data technology vendors offering data platform solutions.
- Why standalone, point solution “apps” or data “tools” present significant vendor lock-in risk.
- How a metadata search approach supports rapid enterprise integration of structured and unstructured data.
- Better understanding why top national healthcare organizations are implementing “Next Gen” data hub Centers of Excellence (CoE) to power their innovation programs and digital transformation.
More on Healthcare’s Modern Journey
For more information on leading the modernization and transformation of healthcare in 2017 and beyond, consider joining the Healthcare Executive Group and following us on our digital channels: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You can also subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter.