Consumer Experience has been a high-ranking item on HCEG’s Top 10 list of challenges, issues, and opportunities facing healthcare leaders over the last decade. And last week, 500+ healthcare industry professionals gathered in Chicago at the 2019 AHIP Consumer Experience & Digital Health Forum to present and discuss the importance of the healthcare consumer experience and various approaches to leveraging digital health platforms and tools to effect an improved consumer experience.
In this post, we’ll share some highlights from AHIP’s Consumer Experience & Digital Health Forum including:
- Recap of the HCEG Session on What Should Be Keeping Health Care Executives up at Night?
- Some General Insight Shared in General Sessions
- Actionable insight and ideas shared by HCEG Members & Sponsor Partners
Look forward to 2020 and more information and insight shared by healthcare industry leaders, innovators, and change-makers improving healthcare and health delivery.
What Should Be Keeping Health Care Executives up at Night?
As costs continue to rise, more financial responsibility is shifted to individuals, and non-traditional companies disrupt the traditional healthcare space, executives and industry leaders are under tremendous pressure to transform their organizations due to the challenge of providing coverage for healthcare services offering reasonable outcomes at a fair price.
Check out this blog post to learn more about the following topics addressed by three health industry leaders: Ian K. Gordon, Dr. Esteban Lopez, and Ferris Taylor:
• How challenges, issues, & opportunities have evolved over the last few years
• How they’re transforming and innovating their organizations
• What excites them about the future for health care
• How health plans help support health care consumer’s
• How socioeconomic status and social determinants of health impact health plans
• The role of health plans in addressing the social determinants of health and what work they’re doing
• What they’re doing right and what do they need to do better
• What them up at night with respect to the policy actions or industry trends
How Technology Innovation Will Play a Critical Role in Prevention
In the session titled “How Technology Innovation Will Play a Critical Role in Prevention” at last week’s 2019 AHIP Consumer Experience & Digital Health Forum in Chicago, a gaggle of industry leaders, innovators and change-makers shared their thoughts and ideas on the critical role new innovations in technology will play in preventing serious injuries among the fastest-growing demographic—aging Boomers.
Neel Mehta from Honor moderated a panel consisting of Bryan Adams of Best Buy Health, Dr. Ari Melmed, MD of Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Rajeev Ronanki from Anthem, and Faraz Shafiq of Cambia Health Solutions. The panel shared their take and experiences on the following:
• Latest innovations that can help keep older adults healthy and safe in their homes
• The impact technology might have on the social determinants of health
• How these technology innovations can result in better outcomes for well-being
Read this post for Highlights on How Technology Innovation Will Play a Critical Role in Prevention of Accidents and Disease
Creating Impactful Member Enrollment Correspondence
HCEG member Sheri Johnson, AVP of Member Enrollment and Billing joined fellow UCare AVP of Customer Service Julie Feirtag presented how their company utilized a cross-functional approach to update member enrollment-related correspondence to improve member engagement and experience, drive member action and support the customer service team.
See this sample of select slides on how Sheri and Julie orchestrated a team to define and employ simple language and standard templates to transform enrollment-related letters into actionable, easy-to-understand correspondence. And check out a few of the specific processes used, steps taken, changes made, and outcomes achieved they shared in their session.
Connect with Healthcare Industry Executives, Leaders, Innovators & Change-Makers
We’ll be sharing more from last week’s AHIP CDF in the coming weeks. For more information, insight, and ideas on healthcare innovation and the transformation of healthcare, subscribe to our eNewsletter and consider becoming a member of the HealthCare Executive Group.
Join the discussion One Comment
[…] Highlights of 2019 AHIP Consumer Experience & Digital Health Forum […]