HealthCare Executive Group Announces Top 10 Trends for Industry in 2016
After 3-day conference with industry thought-leaders. ?
Hollywood, FL – November 3, 2015 –The HealthCare Executive Group, wraps up the HCEG 2015 Annual Forum by announcing the HCEG Top 10 trends that will revolutionize health care in 2016.
The HCEG Top 10 is discussed and voted on by a group of over 60 executives from across the health care spectrum and is a result of 3-days of transformative dialog amongst industry thought leaders at the HCEG Annual Forum held every year in the Fall. This year?s forum focused on the rise of the consumer, ?retail-ization? of healthcare, new models in reimbursement and care delivery as well as discussion on transformative initiatives with Payer and Providers.
?One of HCEG?s main differentiators is our ability to attract executives from payers, providers and leading healthcare product and services companies to participate in compelling dialog about the most important trends in Healthcare? states Tom Carleton, Chairman of the HCEG board and Head of Health IT and Analytics for Mosaic Health Solutions ? a wholly owned subsidiary of BCBSNC. ?Provocative, open conversations resulted in the group?s selection of the key trends in our industry; the HCEG Top 10?.
2016 HCEG Top 10
- The Consumer Experience: omnichannel business, mHealth, HIX, social media and telehealth.
- Payment reform: ACOs, P4P, value-based care and value-based reimbursement
- Population health: managing total health, including social and environmental determinants
- Provider/Plan integration: combining functions of care delivery and financing in a single organization.
- Transparency: triple aim? price, quality and service measures to support customer decisions
- Retail health care:? established consumer companies disrupt traditional care providers (TIED)
- Pharmacy: cost, compliance, convenience & specialty health (TIED)
- Big data and advanced analytics:? identifying patterns, opportunities in vastly detailed data sets
- Cybersecurity: protecting the privacy and security of customer information
- Genomics: customizing prevention and treatment to individual DNA
The Top 10 will serve as the foundation for HCEG?s 2016 Member Calendar, with webinars, virtual panels, regional meetings, annual forum and digital content being developed around those top ten areas.
Members of HCEG include plans, providers, and co-ops from across the U.S.
Participating sponsors include Dell, Walgreens, McKesson, NTT Data, HTMS, HighPoint Solutions, Alegeus Technologies, Optum, Softheon, HealthEdge and Spendwell.
The HealthCare Executive Group is a national network of select healthcare executives and thought leaders, who navigate the tactical and strategic issues facing organizations today and provide a platform that promotes healthcare innovation and the development of life-long relationships. Originally the Managed Care Executive Group (MCEG), The HealthCare Executive Group (HCEG), was founded in 1988 by healthcare executives looking for a forum where the open exchange of ideas, opportunities for collaboration, and transformational dialogue could freely ensue.