Value-based Payment (and Value-based Care Reform) has ranked among HCEG’s Top 10 list of challenges, issues, and opportunities each of the last 10 years that HCEG’s Top 10 list has been published; a clear indication healthcare leaders realize that the move to payment for outcomes (value) vs. volume (FFS) is inevitable. It’s clear that value-based relationships & reimbursement is important to health plans, health systems and provider organizations. But year after year, shared-risk, value-based healthcare appears to be just around the corner. Why so slow? How can healthcare leaders championing the transformation of America’s healthcare system finally begin to realize the value of value-based payment?
In fact, the majority of respondents to the 2019 Industry Pulse Research Survey indicate that value-based relationships including both upside and downside shared risk still appears to be three to five years off.
If what’s apparently widely thought, then why is the move by health plans, health systems, and healthcare providers to value-based reimbursement perpetually stuck at being three to five years away from adopting shared-risk value-based contracts?
Join Us at Hotel Commonwealth for our Complimentary Executive Leadership Roundtable – Breakfast is Included
On Wednesday, September 11th, the HealthCare Executive Group is presenting a special Executive Leadership Roundtable as part of their 31st Annual Forum. This interactive roundtable event open to everyone who’s in Boston on September 11th – there’s no charge to join other healthcare leaders from across the country to learn about value-based care and meet others facing similar challenges. To be clear, this special ELR event is open to everyone.
Participants of this special ELR will benefit from:
- Interactive discussion between attendees and speakers on what the movement to value means
- Learning about the top challenges and opportunities in transitioning from payment for volume
- Why healthcare organizations are hesitant to provide value-based care and thoughts on overcoming them
- Understanding realistic next steps healthcare leaders can take to make real progress in the move to value
- Recent successes in new payment models and lessons-learned
- A look at cross-industry partnerships in the movement to value-based care reimbursement
This will be a rare opportunity for Healthcare Champions who gather in Boston on September 11th to learn more about value-based payment and care opportunities and to interact with speakers and other participants on a meaningful basis.
The $64,000 Question (Or the $64B+ Question?) – Always 3 to 5 Years Away
Why is the move by health plans, health systems, and healthcare providers to value-based reimbursement perpetually stuck at being three to five years away from adopting shared-risk value-based contracts?
To learn how to advance value-based care, join us at the Hotel Commonwealth for our September Executive Leadership Roundtable event -Value-Based Relationships & Reimbursement: How can Industry Collaborate to Speed the Move to Value? -and learn from the following session leaders and ELR participants:
Panelists Sharing Insight on Value-Based Relationships & Reimbursement
Moderator: David Di Loreto, MD – Principle – Sg2
- Jeff Micklos – Executive Director – Health Care Transformation Task Force
- Mayur Yermaneni – Chief Growth and Strategy Officer – eQHealth Solutions
- Harry Merkin – Vice President of Marketing – HealthEdge Software
Join Others to Learn About Value-based Care in Boston on September 11, 2019
Be a part of this unique, no-cost learning and networking opportunity on the last day of the HealthCare Executive Group’s 31st Annual Forum. Breakfast is included and registration is required.